Long Arm Quilting

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

A big purple Tula quilt


Hey there! How are you doing? I hope good. I have been busy down in my quilt lair. I finished up this quilt yesterday and Julie came over to collect it. Quilting can be such a solitary business...most of my quilts arrive by mail and go out the same way. Sometimes I feel  like I have more interaction with the mail men than I do with the ladies I quilt for. Well it was such a treat to have Julie over. What a dynamo she is. Anyway, she made this massive quilt and I quilted it for her. Forgive the pictures it was super cold and windy so I was hasty with my picture taking.




Maybe this picture show the quilting details best. I used my Statler computer to quilt curved cross hatching in all the printed blocks. Tula Pink like to make intense and busy fabric so sometimes it is really hard for quilting to show up. I went with a simple curved cross hatch. When the quilt is washed it will have fabulous texture. In the purple diamonds I went freehand and quilted a bunch of free flowing feathers. They were really fun to quilt. The feathers were quilted with a variegated purple cotton so there is a subtle glow.

Super fun quilt. I am almost finished binding the tree of life appliqué quilt I have been working on for the past month. More pictures of that one soon I hope!


3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! The freehand looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last night I got the binding on (thank you for the machine binding tip) and it washed up BEAUTIFULLY! I'll let you know when I get some pictures of it all washed and wrinkly. The texture is amazing and I just love all the pretty feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your quilts, Julie and Tia's quilting rocks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I read each one. I will either respond via email or here in the comments. xo - Tia