Long Arm Quilting

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

2 quilts that I finished last month


Hey there! I was downloading some pictures from my camera and noticed that I never took the time to blog about these lovely quilts. I wonder how many more have left my hands and not been blogged about? Heaps I am sure.


This is a neat ombre strip pieced quilt that I did a ton of ruler work on. the lady I quilted it for wanted a bunch of echoing triangles. After I got into the swing of it all it was really almost entrancing to quilt all these triangles. And it is a funny rainbow thread that at first my machine was very upset I was trying to use…then we figured out the right tension and it was smooth sailing form there.



And then this one for Lori. How fun are all those green scraps? Lori wanted this one quilted like the quilt in the book "Sunday Morning Quilts"


I quilted a loopy meander with a green variegated thread.


In the appliquéd leaves I quilted some veins. I love how this quilt turned out.

OK, I think I have time for one more blog post then back down to the lair!

xo,
Tia Curtis

2 comments:

  1. Great choice of quilting on the green scrappy quilt. It is so busy that the quilting is not easily seen and the loopy meander is a fast and fun pattern to quilt. I love the vine appliqued on top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that colorful quilt you worked so hard on!! Heehee. I just posted my pictures of it on my blog a few minutes ago. Missalanious.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I read each one. I will either respond via email or here in the comments. xo - Tia