Long Arm Quilting

Saturday, July 9, 2016

some quilts I quilted for Ruthie


Hi there! I wanted to pop in to show you some quilts I finished for Ruthie a moth or so ago. One is custom and the other is an edge to edge.


Ruth's combined these lovely twilled pieces with her stunning Kaffe Fassett fabric.


Twilling is a type of hand stitching that creates the wonderful raised motifs. She didn't want them heavily quilted so I just outlined them to they wouldn't puff up after the quilt is washed.


I combined swirls in the background with straight lines in the churn dash blocks.


This next wonderful quilt was one she worked on at a Kaffe Fassett workshop at Missouri Star Quilt Company. I loved her stories about the workshop and Kaffe and Brandon Mably.


She wanted a pretty dense all over design so I used Arches. I LOVE Arches and would happily use it on everything.

Have the best day!
Tia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I read each one. I will either respond via email or here in the comments. xo - Tia