Long Arm Quilting

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

My first quilt

 
 
This is the first quilt I ever owned. My great Grandmother (Emma Norton) made it and gave it to me when I was 3. It is 33 years old now. I guess this is the item that really drove me to learn to quilt. Being an Army child. we never lived near our extended family and I think I only met my great grandmother on 3 occasions before she passed away. This quilt, as simple as is, was a link to my family. I love it. It is quite stained and I need to do some repairs on it. Obviously it is a tied quilt. I am pretty sure the thread is acrylic and alot of the prints are from her sheets. The apples were my very favorite blocks. Neither of my sisters were given a quilt. I am not sure why.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I read each one. I will either respond via email or here in the comments. xo - Tia