Long Arm Quilting

Friday, January 10, 2014

Quilts quilts and more quilts!


Here are some of the quilts I quilted up before Christmas. I was pretty busy last month. I think 2014 is going to be even busier! I can't wait!

Let's begin with the above quilt I quilted for Leona. All that lovely Neptune fabric….some of the best navy blues ever printed. For real. I quilted it with and edge to edge…but an edge to edge with a very custom look. It's name is Modern Snails. You will see it a could more times because I loved it and used it quite a bit this holiday season.


Here is it again! in orange. I quilted this one for Helen.


This is a great quilt that was made by Pam. I custom quilted it in a fairly traditional pattern. All that point to point quilting took ages, but it turned out so nice.


This is another or Pam's quilts. I quilted it with an edge to edge named abundant feathers. you will see the back picture 2 below.


This is the back of the first of Pam's quilts. See all that quilting. I think the back is lovely.


This is the back of the abundant feather quilt. See…and edge to edge, but so pretty! 



This one was a massive one. The Generals Wives for April. Quite an epic quilt to make…and just as epic to quilt! I quilted traditional on this beauty.


I think you can see the quilting better on the back. I am not thrilled about the different colors of thread on the back, but I didn't want to have to deal with the dark thread making a surprise appearance on the light parts of the front. So I erred on the side of caution. I don't like using different top and bottom threads.


I made another Tshirt quilt for Susan's Husband. He was an Aggie in college and I got a kick out of all his funny tshirts.


I quilted it with kind of a wood grain. I thought wood grain looks manly. Don't you?


This quilt I quilted for my mom. We found the top at an antique store when I was visiting her in Asheville, NC. I wanted to custom quilt it, but she just wanted an edge to edge.


I searched through all of my edge to edge designs and I thought this one was fun. I think its name is wallpaper. It has birds and leaves on it. I thought it was pretty.


This last quilt was one I did for Paula. Isn't it a funny group of Grinch prints? I custom quilted it for her. Each block is different and the background it swirls. I wish I would have gotten a better picture of the border, I was so happy how Dr Seuss it looked. But I was in a hurry…I wanted to get it mailed out so Paula could bind it before Christmas.


This is a horrid picture isn't it? Sorry. Pretend you can see the awesome detail quilting I did. I know I quilted a bunch more quilts…but I don't have pictures of them…its almost like they never happened!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I read each one. I will either respond via email or here in the comments. xo - Tia