Long Arm Quilting

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Some more awesome quilts I got to quilt. Yay!

Hey there folks! 
I hope you are all doing great. I have had the pleasure of quilting some pretty great quilts lately. Oh heck all the quilts I get to quilt are great. Here are 3 custom quilts I finished recently.

Facts:
  • I quilt with a 30 inch Gammill Optimum that has a Statler Stitcher.
  • Most of my Custom quilting is done freehand but I do like to use the Statler when the quilt calls for it.
  • 2 of the 3 quilts in the post were quilted with Quilters Dream Wool Batting. Wool really makes the quilting pop.





The first quilt is a Metro Rings quilt that Betsy made. I used grey thread. What really makes this quilting pop is the little narrow 1/4 inch borders I defined the blocks with and the wool batting. I really love how this quilt turned out. I have wanted to quilt a Metro Rings quilt for a while and I was so excited to get to work on Betsy's fabulous quilt.


I was a little stumped on the wide border, so I quilted in a big fat free hand feather.


This quilt had lots of ruler work. My favorite rulers are my own half circle rulers and The Quilted Pineapple rulers. I love them and I think I used ALL the rulers on this quilt.


Next up is Laurie's wonderful Neighborhood quilt. I had a blast quilting this one. It is a good example of my Feathers, Lines and Swirls style quilting.


I used a silver So Fine #50 thread on this one and a blend batting. I was going for clouds and wind in the background and all the little houses are quilted a little different.



Gwen made this awesome Flamingo quilt. There was so much wonderful background to quilt! She wanted me to do my Feathers, Lines and Swirls technique on this quilt as well. I just love it. The pictures aren't awesome. I didn't have the best light.




This quilt also had Quilters Dream Wool batting and So Fine #50 thread. I used white thread in the background and a peachy orange thread for the flamingos.


So there are some of the quilts I have been quilting away on. I got to spend most of yesterday unpicking bad tension stitches from a quilt and moving it to my other machine. Everything was going awesome and then it wasn't.

Have a great day folks!
Tia

6 comments:

  1. I love them all! Awesome job on the quilting- so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Leeanne! They were all so fun to work on.

      Delete
  3. Do you know if quilts with wool batting have moth problems?
    All these quilts are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think so. I have never had a problem with moths though. I have several really old quilts that have wool batting and there are no moth holes. One of the old quilts has some pretty substantial bearding, but modern Wool batting should not beard.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I read each one. I will either respond via email or here in the comments. xo - Tia