Long Arm Quilting

Monday, February 6, 2012

LauraJ's Village Quilt

 Happy Monday evening to you! I hope you are doing well. I just unpinned this quilt from the frame. It belongs to LauraJ up in Canada. I bet you know her from Flickr. If you don't go check out her Flickr stream. She is such a fabulous quilter. I have know her for years (through Flickr) and we have been in quite a few quilting bees together. She made this quilt for her son.

I got to quilt it. It is quite hard to see the quilting, between my poor light and the array of fabric, but I am sure that after it is washed the quilting will add texture to this quilt like mad.




You can see a bit of the quilting in this shot... I actually feel somewhat stupid for putting up such poor pictures. But oh well, it is what I have. I quilted cobblestones and pebbles in the sashing, and each house has a different quilted roof. The sky around each dwelling and tree is a bit breezy.


I have quilted quite a few other quilts that I can't show you pictures of yet because they are going in books and magazines and have to be kept secret until then. I have always thought I was rather dreadful at keeping secrets, but I guess I can when I am asked to.

I will leave you with some pictures of old quilt blocks. I bought them at my favorite antique shop in town. I should take my camera and blog about the goings on there...but that would probably be boring.

Have a great evening!

Tia

1 comment:

  1. You say the nicest things! Thank you very much for the compliments and the extraordinary quilting!! That's a fine job you did there lass! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I read each one. I will either respond via email or here in the comments. xo - Tia