Long Arm Quilting

Sunday, September 4, 2011

2) my second quilt

 This was my second quilt. I made this one before I knew how to do strip piecing. I cut each piece individually and had all these little stacks of quilt parts all over my dining room table. But it was very organized. My husband was still deployed to Iraq, so I had lots of time in the evenings after I put my really young children to bed. I have never been much of a TV watcher, so quilting suited me fine.

 The blue is from a linen dress I wore while I was pregnant with my first 2 children and the green and white stripe was from a set of sheets I bought my husband when he was stationed in Italy and I was finishing up college. I had gone to visit him over one of the breaks and noticed that while he had a bed, he slept in his sleeping bag on top of the bed. Very strange and barbaric. So I went to the PX and bought him a sheet set. He said that he was too busy at work to stop by the PX before they closed each day. Hence the use of the sleeping bag that they issued him upon arrival.

 I am getting a little better at the quilting, but I am still using hand quilting thread in my sewing machine...I liked the shade of blue.

I still really love the back I choose for this quilt. It is named French Fox. And it has all these wonderful Animals dressed up and going about their day in town. One is even being arrested. I made this quilt for my baby boy Ethan. I think he was about 8 months old.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I read each one. I will either respond via email or here in the comments. xo - Tia