Long Arm Quilting

Monday, August 6, 2012

Julie's square quilt

Hey there! Happy Monday to you. I wanted to pop in and show you a quilt I finished a couple days ago for Julie. I just finished a second one for her as well. I really like this quilt top. I have had  a couple prints of VeloCity by Jessica Hogarth in my virtual fabric basket for some time, but I fail to follow through because I can't think of how I would use it in a quilt. Well, I think Julie nailed it with this quilt. I love the Velocity city scape with the loops from Cloud9 and those big dots.

Julie wanted me to try echo boxes on one of the quilts, so I tried it on this one. The echo boxes were really fun and surprisingly fast to quilt. I thought too much echo boxes would wash the quilt out, so I added some bubbles to the yellow block centers. In my mind the yellow parts were the city parks and the bubbles were trees.



This is the back of the quilt. I think it looks great ....it is going to be AWESOME after it is washed. I used my favorite Quilter's Dream Cotton Batting in select weight.

Thanks for letting me quilt for you, Julie!

Cheers!
Tia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I read each one. I will either respond via email or here in the comments. xo - Tia