Long Arm Quilting

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Ahoy! A Pirate Quilt


Hey there! I hope you are doing well. I want to show you one of the quilts I quilted recently. Isn't this a fun quilt for a little boy? I quilted this for Rosalind. She got the pattern a couple years ago from Material Obsession (in Australia) I looked for a link but in my quick search didn't turn anything up. I bet you will be more successful.


She wanted me to custom quilt it. I took it chunk by chunk. I wanted each area to look like thematic. Does that make sense? That can be either wind or currents of the sea. The sharks are swimming in the ocean = waves.


This center spot was tricky because Rosalind had already stitched on all these little pieces of treasure. No quilter ever likes quilting around beads and buttons. I am no different. I could have quilted this with a great deal more detail, but all that loot made me rather timid.


I quilted it to look like contour lines. 


I quilted enough to make it not puff too badly after it is washed.


And I think the sharks are mighty cute!


Happy quilting folks!
Tia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I read each one. I will either respond via email or here in the comments. xo - Tia