Long Arm Quilting

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

9) My ninth quilt - Peace on Earth

 I had ordered Amy Butler's Midwest Modern collection of fabric. And I just loved it so much when I got it that The night I brought it home I laid awake in bed thinking of making a quilt with it. My 0300 I was still wide awake, so I just got up and got started on this quilt. By the next day I had most of it finished.

 I really loved how the raw edge applique circles turned out in the Norberta Quilt, and I wanted to try that technique again. I used Midwest Modern, some wonderful shot cottons from Kaffe Fassett and some fabric that I dyed myself at a fabric dying workshop in Alice Springs.

 I totally adore how this quilt turned out. I think it was a pretty good use of time spent not sleeping...but trying to sleep.
 I uses 2 different variegated cotton threads for this quilt. I also wrote on the quilt with my quilting. I really would love to label all my quilts, but I am lazy and it is so much more quick to just quilt their name on them and the date I made them.

 The back of this one is pretty wonderful too, I think. I love a pieced back. Sometime I like them much more than the front of a quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I read each one. I will either respond via email or here in the comments. xo - Tia